The Resurrection church was organized as an independent Catholic parish in 1939. On July 3, 1940 the church was incorporated in Middlesex County, New Jersey. The incorporators were Rev. Anthony Sobaszek, Michael Jakubowski, Boleslaw Panikowski, Wojciech Ciebiera, Max Borowski, Wojciech Kozik, and Alex Belicki.

Initially, the church was part of the Polish Catholic Church in America (AKA Polish Old Catholic Church later merged into The Old Catholic Church in America)

In January, 1953 the parish joined the Polish National Catholic Church.

Parishioners and Fr. Stanislaus Niemiec in front of the parish church

In 1954 the church building was renovated, and in 1956 a new organ was purchased. By 1957 there was a growing Junior Choir pointing to strength and vigor in the parish.

In April 1957 the parish formally changed its legal and trade name to Resurrection of Christ Polish National Catholic Church of Dunellen N.J. The change was signed by Egnatz Grobelny, President and Walter Zarnowski, Secretary.

In 1957 the Parish Committee was composed of the following members: Walter Zarnowski, president; Anthony Wujtowic vice-president; Chester Brzezienski, recording secretary; Anthony Perovich, financial secretary, and Chester Kupiec, treasurer. The trustees were: John Wladyka, Frank Jala, John Uniatowski, James Supinski and Mrs. Alice Chodak.

List of Pastors

  • Rev. Anthony Sobaszek (Polish Old Catholic)
  • Rev. Julian Samborski (Polish Old Catholic)
  • Rev. Felix Staruszewski (Polish Old Catholic)
  • Rev. Stanislaus Niemiec (first PNCC pastor)
  • Rev. Leon Poredowski
  • Rev. Walter Thomas
  • Rev. Edward Czudak (present)
Scroll to Top